Maintenance Technician-Costa Mesa
|Title:||Maintenance Technician-Costa Mesa|
|Department:||Childhelp Merv Griffin Village|
|Location:||Costa Mesa, CA|
- Ensure all routine repairs to the Group Home facilities such as plumbing, electrical, painting and plastering and furniture repair and are completed in a timely fashion and are of quality workmanship
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance plan for all areas of the Group Homes and insure all activities are completed and documented in a timely fashion
- Order and purchase all necessary maintenance materials, as well as contacting outside contractors and vendors when necessary
- Document and complete work orders in a prioritized manner in accordance with Childhelp policy and procedure
- Ensure that all safety practices and procedures are followed and that safety equipment is maintained and used as job requirements to maintain a safe environment
- Be available for on-call duty as assigned
- Ensure adequate labor is available to move furniture and load and unload goods when needed
- Confirm the safety of all Group Home vehicles through routine maintenance and the timely assessment of reported problems
- Demonstrate awareness of all Group Home building systems, including water, sewer, HVAC, electrical, pool buildings and soils
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Minimum three years experience in building maintenance and safety with supervisory experience
- Experience in Residential Care Facility or Group Home setting desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must have a current and valid State of California Driver's License with no restrictions and pass fingerprint background screening through the Department of Justice, FBI and Child Abuse Index.
Childhelp offers eligible employees a comprehensive health benefits program, 403(b) retirement savings plan, as well as, the opportunity to purchase insurance at group rates.
About ChildhelpCEO and Co-Founder Sara O’Meara and President and Co-Founder Yvonne Fedderson started Childhelp in 1959, establishing it as a leading national non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect and at-risk children. Childhelp focuses on advocacy, prevention, treatment and community outreach.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-4-A-CHILD®, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and receives calls from throughout the United States, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Childhelp’s programs and services also include residential treatment services (villages); children’s advocacy centers; therapeutic foster care; group homes and child abuse prevention, education and training. Childhelp also created the National Day of Hope® that mobilizes people across America to join the fight against child abuse. For more information about Childhelp, please visit the website at www.childhelp.org.
The Childhelp Merv Griffin Village is located in Beaumont, California. Beaumont is 90 miles east of Los Angeles and 30 miles west of Palm Springs off Highway 10. The Village has been providing a healing home environment for severely abused, neglected, and at-risk children since 1978. Producing a true community atmosphere, the Village houses as many as 84 children ranging in age from 6 to 14 years old. The residents live in cottages and are grouped by age and treatment needs. The children arrive at the Village experiencing severe behavioral and emotional problems as a result of their previous abusive or neglectful situations.
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications