|Title:||Therapist LCSW/LMFT Contract Worker - Beaumont|
|Department:||Childhelp Merv Griffin Village|
Childhelp, a premiere Residential Treatment Facility and Group Home in the hills above Beaumont, California serving children ages 6-14 with severe emotional and behavioral challenges has an immediate opening for a Contract Therapist for our outpatient services function. In this role and as a fully licensed LCSW or LMFT, you will be responsible for the case management and therapy provided to the cases assigned to your care.
The Contract Therapist is responsible for the case management and therapy provided to the cases assigned to your care.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Director develops timely, individualized, comprehensive Master Treatment Plan for all cases assigned, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Access and coordinate all clinical services available in order to fully implement the Treatment Plan for the client.
- Communicate clearly and regularly in both written and oral forms to the Treatment Team regarding patient case material, special therapeutic needs, family relationships, etc.
- Provides advocacy and clinical insight on assigned cases in all staffing or meetings pertaining to each case; such as Treatment Planning meetings, case reviews and meetings with the Clinical Director.
- Completes timely documentation in the Clinical Record of all services rendered in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provides individual, family, group therapy and Parent Outreach services in accordance with each individualized treatment plan for cases assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Conducts all assigned duties in a professional, ethical manner which protects the rights and dignity of all individuals assigned to their caseload.
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school or Master’s Degree in a related Mental Health field
- Fully licensed LCSW or LMFT in the State of California
- Minimum of six months experience in a mental health setting with children and families
- At least one year experience working with children and families
- One year experience working in an in-patient or residential setting.
- Childhelp is in need of a male therapist to handle the case load of boys that are being referred to the program.
CEO and Co-Founder Sara O’Meara and President and Co-Founder Yvonne Fedderson started Childhelp in 1959, establishing it as a leading national non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect and at-risk children. Childhelp focuses on advocacy, prevention, treatment and community outreach.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-4-A-CHILD®, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and receives calls from throughout the United States, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Childhelp’s programs and services also include residential treatment services (villages); children’s advocacy centers; therapeutic foster care; group homes and child abuse prevention, education and training. Childhelp also created the National Day of Hope® that mobilizes people across America to join the fight against child abuse. For more information about Childhelp, please visit the website at www.childhelp.org.
The Childhelp Merv Griffin Village is located in Beaumont, California. Beaumont is 90 miles east of Los Angeles and 30 miles west of Palm Springs off Highway 10. The Village has been providing a healing home environment for severely abused, neglected, and at-risk children since 1978. Producing a true community atmosphere, the Village houses as many as 84 children ranging in age from 6 to 14 years old. The residents live in cottages and are grouped by age and treatment needs. The children arrive at the Village experiencing severe behavioral and emotional problems as a result of their previous abusive or neglectful situations.
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer