|Department:||Childhelp Merv Griffin Village|
Job Posting – Maintenance Supervisor – Beaumont, CA
Childhelp, a premiere Short Term Residential Treatment Facility and group home in the hills above Beaumont, California has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Supervisor. In this role, you will be responsible for the operation of the Maintenance Department and ensuring the quality, operational integrity and safety of the physical plant and facilities including, but not limited to, regular building and mechanical systems maintenance and repairs, pool maintenance and private water system management, as well as ensuring that the necessary resources needed to effect repairs or complete projects is ready and available.
The qualified candidate will:
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs, schedules and procedures for all areas of the facility to ensure the effective operation of the physical plant; track and monitor that scheduled activities are completed and documented as required.
- Routinely assess the physical environment, review repair requests and work orders and develop a plan to make needed repairs and upgrades. Ensure the timely completion, quality and craftsmanship of all work done on the campus of the Village of Childhelp facility.
- Report to and resolve emergent and urgent requests for service and maintenance to the campus buildings; determine risk level of requests and take action as appropriate to ensure that the safety of the children is not compromised.
- Oversee the functional capacity and operations of mechanical systems, including HVAC, electrical, septic systems and the private water system. Conduct water quality assessments and report findings to supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Oversee vendors, contractors and other third-parties engaged to provide service or maintenance on the campus and ensure the work is done properly and safely. Order and purchase all necessary materials, and engage the services of outside contractors and vendors when necessary. Monitor inventory of needed supplies and establish and maintain a system to complete project in a timely manner.
- Assist with special projects involving construction, development and facility improvements.
- Participate in the activities of the Safety Committee and the development, implementation, training and testing of safety, emergency and disasters plans and protocols.
Accepting online applications only. Due to a high call volume, please do not contact us by phone to follow up on your resume submission. Your online application will be reviewed and, if selected, you will be contacted for an interview.
Childhelp offers eligible employees a comprehensive health benefits program, 403(b) retirement savings plan, as well as, the opportunity to purchase insurance at group rates.
CEO and Co-Founder Sara O’Meara and President and Co-Founder Yvonne Fedderson started Childhelp in 1959, establishing it as a leading national non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect and at-risk children. Childhelp focuses on advocacy, prevention, treatment and community outreach.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-4-A-CHILD®, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and receives calls from throughout the United States, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Childhelp’s programs and services also include residential treatment services (villages); children’s advocacy centers; therapeutic foster care; group homes and child abuse prevention, education and training. Childhelp also created the National Day of Hope® that mobilizes people across America to join the fight against child abuse. For more information about Childhelp, please visit the website at www.childhelp.org.
The Childhelp Merv Griffin Village is located in Beaumont, California. Beaumont is 90 miles east of Los Angeles and 30 miles west of Palm Springs off Highway 10. The Village has been providing a healing home environment for severely abused, neglected, and at-risk children since 1978. Producing a true community atmosphere, the Village houses as many as 84 children ranging in age from 6 to 14 years old. The residents live in cottages and are grouped by age and treatment needs. The children arrive at the Village experiencing severe behavioral and emotional problems as a result of their previous abusive or neglectful situations.
Childhelp offers a competitive compensation package as well as the full scope of health and welfare benefits, 403B retirement savings plan and life insurance plans.
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.