|Title:||Direct Care Staff|
|Department:||Childhelp Alice C. Tyler Village|
"If you enjoy working with children, Childhelp is seeking Direct Care Staff for Full-time, Part-time and On-Call positions"
About Childhelp Children's Center of Virginia
In 2002, the Childhelp Children’s Center of Virginia (CCCV) began aiding victims of child abuse and neglect with the determination to make treatment and investigation the most comfortable and non-threatening process for the children whose lives, so far, have been subjected to anxiety and intimidation. Accordingly, the CCCV provides services from treatment and investigation, to family support and therapy under one roof through the collaboration of medical personnel, law enforcement, child protection investigators, victim services and mental health professionals. For more information about Childhelp please visit our website at "www.Childhelp.org".
- Responsible for providing direct supervision, support and behavior management in a safe, therapeutic and nurturing environment residing at the Village.
- Provides a consistent ad creative environment for assigned children while using appropriate limit setting and disciplinary techniques within the realm of Childhelp's standards.
- Develops a daily routine for assigned children and makes ongoing routine adjustments to improve its effectiveness, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains a constructive relationship with each assigned child.
- Learns the case history and treatment plan for assigned child.
- Provides regular input and insight for the ongoing evaluation of the treatment plan for each assigned child.
- Completes detailed, comprehensive and factual reports regarding behavior and incidents of the children pursuant to policies.
- Attends all mandatory training, weekly unit meetings and supervisory sessions.
- Teaches basic health needs and proper medical care to the children, including personal hygiene habits, nutrition, preventive medical care etc., with assistance of the Village medical staff.
- Demonstrates positive role modeling and problem solving skills to children regarding personal issues they encounter, such as peer pressure, adapting to their new surroundings, appropriately responding to conflict, etc.
- Oversees and/or participates in various recreational programs and activities with children to stimulate interest in and cooperation with various social and educational programs.
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Village Employees.
- This is an Emergency Essential Position and staff must arrive to work on all assigned shift, remains on duty until relieved and works overtime as required.
- Proficiently uses various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the Village, as needed.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid Virginia Driver's License.
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree (Preferred) OR
- Associates degree and 3 months experience working with children OR
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 months experience working with children
- Ability to write concise, accurate and informative reports.
- Ability to verbally redirect and/or deescalate behavior to prevent or minimize the need for physical restraints.
- Ability to participate in the therapeutic holding of out-of-control children.
- Ability to emphathize with children that have special needs and from different backgrounds.
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer