|Title:||Advocacy Center Mental Health Billing Coordinator|
|Department:||Childhelp Children's Center of Arizona|
CEO and Co-Founder SaraO’Meara and President and Co-Founder Yvonne Fedderson started Childhelp in 1959, establishing it as a leading national non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect and at-risk children. Childhelp focuses on advocacy, prevention, treatment and community outreach.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-4-A-CHILD®, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and receives calls from throughout the United States, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Childhelp’s programs and services also include residential treatment services (villages); children’s advocacy centers; therapeutic foster care; group homes and child abuse prevention, education and training. Childhelp also created the National Day of Hope® that mobilizes people across America to join the fight against child abuse. For more information about Childhelp, please visit the website at www.childhelp.org.
About Childhelp Children's Center of Arizona
Since 1998, the Childhelp Children’s Center of Arizona (CCCA) has been instilling a sense of serenity in abused and neglected children by providing treatment, intervention and investigation services. Cheerful colors, teddy bears, toys and child-friendly paintings line the walls of the fully accredited advocacy center enhancing each child’s sense of safety and well-being.
The goal of CCCA is to provide medical treatment, mental health therapy, efficient investigational resources, and victim support services to address the immediate safety and complete well-being of children who are referred to the center.
Responsible for billing and administrative duties related to contract management to include data reporting and file maintenance.
- Establish Billing Procedures and Protocols
- Complete billing procedures for behavioral health contracts on a weekly basis
- Follow up with Timely Filing
- Follow up and Pursue Billing Denials
- Reconcile all Billing
- Develop and Maintain Relationships with Contracting Agencies
- Conduct administrative follow-up with families, insurance, Victim’s Compensation and MDT partners
- Compile statistical data for department and generate reports for grant purposes
- Determine appropriate funding sources/financial arrangements on a client-by-client basis
- Generate memos, communications, etc. as needed by clinical director and/or department
- Conduct telephone and in-person screening for intakes with potential clients and refer as appropriate
- Assist other departments with appropriate client referrals
- Assist clients with paperwork completion
- Create, code, maintain, discharge, audit and file mental health records
- Schedule, attend, participate in, generate agendas and keep minutes for weekly clinical staff meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma with some college or specialized training, AA preferred
- Minimum 3 years billing health/behavioral health services, insurance billing and collections
- Experience utilizing Electronic Health Records and electronic billing systems
- Working knowledge of computer programs including MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer