|Title:||Therapist, Equine, Wilderness|
|Department:||Childhelp Merv Griffin Village|
The Equine Therapist and Wilderness Therapist positions will develop and implement either or both of these specialized services for the California Residential Treatment Programs.
1. Provide leadership in Equine Program and Wilderness Program Development including lesson content, training and intergration with staff therapists individual therapeutic plans.
2. Supervise all therapeutic aspects of the Equine Program, including organization and execution of individual therapeutic treatment plans and group sessions.
3. Design training in recreational riding, grooming, and feeding of all the animals at the ranch.
4. Supervise all therapeutic aspects of the Wilderness Program, including camping, hiking, fishing and environmental awareness.
5. Under the auspices of the Executive Director, develop and maintain a public relations data base to include current and previous ranch donors in order to maintain and cultivate ranch donations.
Master's Degree in Social Work or related field with a State of California MFT or CSW License plus 1-year experience working with children in a residential treatment program. Licensed interns will be considered with 3-years of experience working with children in a residential treatment program.
Candidates must pass a full three tier background clearance and possess a clear California Driver's License with abilities to drive a truck pulling a horse trailer.
Prefer candidates in the Equine Therapist position that have completed all levels of certification with EAGALA.
Candidates for Wilderness Therapist must have training in areas such as Outdoor Leadership, Rock Climbing, and related certifications etc.
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer