|Title:||Human Resources Specialist|
|Department:||Childhelp Merv Griffin Village|
Job Posting – Human Resources Specialist – Beaumont, CA
Childhelp, a premiere Residential Treatment Facility and group home in the hills above Beaumont, California has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Specialist. In this role, you will provide comprehensive HR support to the Human Resources Department.
The qualified candidate will:
- Support the recruitment process using electronic recruitment and application systems, to include revising and updating job postings, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, ensuring completion of application documents, checking for fingerprint clearance through Community Care Licensing, supporting the process to transfer existing clearances, and other recruitment related duties.
- Conduct interviews for certain positions and assure that candidates present the required information at the time of interview.
- Complete the on-boarding process by preparing new hire packets, ensuring completion of all employment documents, conducting all pre-employment screening and employment verifications, facilitate the information gathering process for new hires, review and ensure proper completion of the I-9, enter employee information into ADP and ensure that all new hire documentation is obtained.
- Maintain employment data in ADP and other specific software, including status changes, terminations, etc. Prepare necessary documentation for changes of status and terminations. Request informational updates on an annual basis to ensure that employee personal data is current.
- Build and maintain personnel files. Review files periodically to ensure they contain all required documentation. Ensure files are updated with all employment related documents, educational certificates, documents required for licensing, etc.
- Track due dates for staff member evaluations, training and health certification requirements. Provide management updates to support compliance with licensing requirements and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of Childhelp policies and procedures and be able to explain the programs outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Process and disseminate incoming mail. Prepare and complete and EDD responses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years in a Human Resources Department with a high volume of activity and full cycle recruiting activity, preferably in a health care or social services setting.
- Experience with DSS and Community Care Licensing requirements and processes.
- Demonstrated competency using Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel.
- Experience with ADP HRIS/Payroll systems desirable with demonstrated competency with online recruitment systems and applications.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects and handle frequent interruptions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is preferred, but qualified and experienced candidates without a degree are encouraged to apply.
- Must have a clear State of California Driver's License and the ability to pass a 3-tier background clearance.
Accepting online applications only. Due to a high call volume, please do not contact us by phone to follow up on your resume submission. Your online application will be reviewed and, if selected, you will be contacted for an interview.
Childhelp offers eligible employees a comprehensive health benefits program, 403(b) retirement savings plan, as well as, the opportunity to purchase insurance at group rates.
CEO and Co-Founder Sara O’Meara and President and Co-Founder Yvonne Fedderson started Childhelp in 1959, establishing it as a leading national non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect and at-risk children. Childhelp focuses on advocacy, prevention, treatment and community outreach.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-4-A-CHILD®, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and receives calls from throughout the United States, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Childhelp’s programs and services also include residential treatment services (villages); children’s advocacy centers; therapeutic foster care; group homes and child abuse prevention, education and training. Childhelp also created the National Day of Hope® that mobilizes people across America to join the fight against child abuse. For more information about Childhelp, please visit the website at www.childhelp.org.
The Childhelp Merv Griffin Village is located in Beaumont, California. Beaumont is 90 miles east of Los Angeles and 30 miles west of Palm Springs off Highway 10. The Village has been providing a healing home environment for severely abused, neglected, and at-risk children since 1978. Producing a true community atmosphere, the Village houses as many as 84 children ranging in age from 6 to 14 years old. The residents live in cottages and are grouped by age and treatment needs. The children arrive at the Village experiencing severe behavioral and emotional problems as a result of their previous abusive or neglectful situations.
Childhelp offers a competitive compensation package as well as the full scope of health and welfare benefits, 403B retirement savings plan and life insurance plans.
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.