|Title:||Forensic Interviewer - Bilingual|
|Department:||Childhelp Children's Center of Arizona|
CEO and Co-Founder SaraO’Meara and President and Co-Founder Yvonne Fedderson started Childhelp in 1959, establishing it as a leading national non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect and at-risk children. Childhelp focuses on advocacy, prevention, treatment and community outreach.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-4-A-CHILD®, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and receives calls from throughout the United States, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Childhelp’s programs and services also include residential treatment services (villages); children’s advocacy centers; therapeutic foster care; group homes and child abuse prevention, education and training. Childhelp also created the National Day of Hope® that mobilizes people across America to join the fight against child abuse. For more information about Childhelp, please visit the website at www.childhelp.org.
About Childhelp Children's Center of Arizona
Since 1998, the Childhelp Children’s Center of Arizona (CCCA) has been instilling a sense of serenity in abused and neglected children by providing treatment, intervention and investigation services. Cheerful colors, teddy bears, toys and child-friendly paintings line the walls of the fully accredited advocacy center enhancing each child’s sense of safety and well-being.
The goal of CCCA is to provide medical treatment, mental health therapy, efficient investigational resources, and victim support services to address the immediate safety and complete well-being of children who are referred to the center.
Responsible for forensic interviewing of children and adolescents ages 2 through 17, as well as vulnerable adults, who are alleged to be victims of or eyewitnesses to abuse and/or violence, using research-based interview protocols and techniques in a developmentally appropriate manner to elicit factual information.
- Schedules and coordinates joint forensic interviews of alleged child/adolescent/vulnerable adult abuse victims with multi-disciplinary team members
- Conducts forensic interviews of alleged victims and witnesses of abuse, as requested, on behalf of multi-disciplinary team members
- Maintains and updates case files, case lists, video logbook, and statistical tracking
- Provides written documentation pertaining to interviews conducted for Case Review purposes
- Participates in weekly Case Reviews, including coordinating Case Review information with multi-disciplinary team members
- Participates in defense interviews
- Testifies in civil and criminal court proceedings regarding general interview processes and techniques, as well as interviews conducted regarding individual cases, as appropriate and requested
- Remains current on research involving forensic interviewing and abuse investigations
- Participates in monthly Interview Program Peer Review sessions, including providing training regarding interview protocols and child developmental levels
- Consults with members of a multi-disciplinary team, as requested or deemed necessary
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Master’s degree in social services or other related field
- 5 years experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment with Child Protective Services, Law Enforcement, and Human Services
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adolescents, ranging in ages 2 to 17, in order to solicit sensitive case information pertaining to abuse and/or eyewitness accounts of abuse
- Academic training or practical experience in and knowledge of developmental stages of children and the dynamics and effects of intra and extra familial child abuse
- Familiarity with and a disposition toward the multi-disciplinary team approach regarding the investigation and prosecution of child abuse cases
- Ability to testify effectively in civil and criminal proceedings and to participate in defense interviews
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally to a variety of individuals and groups
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer