|Title:||Mobile Unit Driver - PT|
|Department:||Childhelp Children's Center of Arizona|
CEO and Co-Founder SaraO’Meara and President and Co-Founder Yvonne Fedderson started Childhelp in 1959, establishing it as a leading national non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect and at-risk children. Childhelp focuses on advocacy, prevention, treatment and community outreach.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-4-A-CHILD®, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and receives calls from throughout the United States, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Childhelp’s programs and services also include residential treatment services (villages); children’s advocacy centers; therapeutic foster care; group homes and child abuse prevention, education and training. Childhelp also created the National Day of Hope® that mobilizes people across America to join the fight against child abuse. For more information about Childhelp, please visit the website at www.childhelp.org.
About Childhelp Children's Center of Arizona
Since 1998, the Childhelp Children’s Center of Arizona (CCCA) has been instilling a sense of serenity in abused and neglected children by providing treatment, intervention and investigation services. Cheerful colors, teddy bears, toys and child-friendly paintings line the walls of the fully accredited advocacy center enhancing each child’s sense of safety and well-being.
The goal of CCCA is to provide medical treatment, mental health therapy, efficient investigational resources, and victim support services to address the immediate safety and complete well-being of children who are referred to the center.
Responsible for the operation of the program, including driving the RV unit for scheduled trips, providing minor physical maintenance for the RV unit, and coordinating programmatic details with agency partners in Northern Arizona. Driver's schedule depends upon need to transport clients, hours worked may be infrequent.
- Works with the Safe Child Advocacy Center in Flagstaff to ensure the Mobile Advocacy Center is available for child abuse investigations in Northern Arizona
- Operates the RV unit for up to 6-7 hours over up to 16 hour trips while adhering to all traffic, safety, and programmatic rules and regulations
- Works with partner agencies to assist in child abuse investigations throughout northern Arizona
- Conducts minor physical maintenance for the RV unit
- Conducts outreach on behalf of Childhelp and the Mobile Advocacy Center program
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license
- Ability to obtain and maintain AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Flexible, responsible, and self-directed
- Comfortable and knowledgeable of driving a large RV
- Knowledge of Northern Arizona geography including Tribal areas
- Ability to provide minor physical maintenance for the RV unit
- Knowledge of child abuse investigations and advocacy centers
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to drive 6-7 hours over a 12-16 hour day
- Must be able to refrain from taking any substance, regardless of legality or prescription status, if by doing so the employee’s ability to safely operate the motor vehicle and carry out other work-related duties would be impaired or diminished
Childhelp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer